On November 27, 2023, a round table on “Addressing the Challenge and Constraints of Insulin Sources and Supply (ACCISS)” was held in Bishkek. General trends on NCDs and diabetes in the Kyrgyz Republic were presented at the roundtable, as well as key Phase 3 activities of the ACCISS Project, the results of monitoring the implementation of Clinical Guidelines for managing type 1 diabetes, and also the results of monitoring the implementation of Clinical Guidelines and SOPs on diabetes for nurses. In addition, findings of the study on provision with Metformin of the Kyrgyz Republic population for treatment of type 2 diabetes and findings of monitoring prices for glucose-lowering drugs were presented.
Representative of Chui Region Diabetic Society Dzholchieva G.A. shared the success of its work on patient engagement to improve patient adherence to diabetes management, which is also supported by the ACCISS Project. Besides, the round table participants discussed the results of activities that had been carried out in Phase III of the ACCISS Project, as well as the suggested activities for the implementation in the field of diabetes in Phase IV of the Project. Information about new NCD Policy Lab Project and scheduled activities within the new project were presented for discussion by stakeholders.
The participants of the round table were representatives of all stakeholders involved in the process of improving the accessibility and affordability of medicines and treatment for diabetes: the Ministry of Health of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Mandatory Health Insurance Fund, diabetic associations, National Center for Mother and Child Health and the Endocrinology Center, PHC facilities, projects coordinating work on diabetes and NCDs, FGP Association and the Association of Nursing Specialists , E-Health Center, chief endocrinologists from all regions joined online.
- NCD and diabetes general trends in the Kyrgyz Republic. Dobrynina N.P., Director of the Endocrinology Center
- ACCISS Project: Key activities of Phase III. Abdraimova A., HPAC
- Monitoring results of the implementation of CG/CP on type 1 diabetes for doctors. Zurdinova A.A., Chief clinical pharmacologist of the MoH of the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Monitoring results of the implementation of CGs and SOPs for nursing care. Azhymambetova G.K., Chief Specialist of the Ministry of Health
- Involvement of patients in improving adherence to diabetes management. Jolochieva G.A., Chief Endocrinologist of Chui Region/Founder of Chui Diabetes Society
- Provision of metformin to the population of the Kyrgyz Republic fortreatment of type 2 diabetes and the results of price monitoring of the glucose-lowering medicines. Abdraimova A., HPAC